Friday, September 11, 2009

Company Girl Coffee




This week has been interesting. I have actually stuck to my menu plan so far, the kids have gotten their school work done every day (which is truly an amazing thing), I have a few more things to check off my to do list (a hundred things to add), but all in all this week has been somewhat peaceful.

This week we found out that my husband has been reassigned to a different unit here and that he now has a 2 year commitment to this new unit. So we are stuck here for 2 more years. I am trying to make the best of it and think of all the good things that staying here can lead us to. 1. The kids can be in cub scouts/daisy scouts without having to move in the middle. 2. We can see more of the El Paso area, such as museums and parks. 3. My 2 year old can finish with the ECI program that he is in.
Those are just a few of things that we now do because we will have time.

Today we are watching all the coverage of that morning just 8 short years ago. For me today just brings back those feelings that I felt that morning. For the kids, it is a chance to learn about the reasons why Daddy has been deployed 3 times and has spent so much away from them.

Next week we have therapy for my 2 year old and the goals of getting all school work done, going through a bunch of things to get ready for a garage sale, and to finally hang up items on the walls.

9 comments:

  1. It's really great that you are able to see the positive in things that way. I have 2 more years where I am living too.... not because of military assignments, but because we want my DD to graduate high school from the same school she is in.

    Maybe I will get a chance to post my coffee girls post soon....

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dad was in the Air Force and we moved every 2-4 years. Although I missed my friends, I LOVED the adventure of it.

    Remember God has a PURPOSE for everything in your life - not just a reason. =) Will be praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had an awesome week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for sticking with your plan! Hope the 2 years will be good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My hubby and I have been to Texas a few times and he's always wanted to visit El Paso.....and I have a son in the Canadian army who's scheduled to be deployed next March....it must be very difficult for you....I hope the next two years go well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not "too" far from you. We're in Kerrville.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are getting back into the swing of homeschooling ourselves; reached a lot of our goals this week. It seems to get easier as it gets cooler.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I relate to so much of your post. My dad spent 23 yeats in the Army. Although I didn't experience what you are as a wife, I can still relate. I agree wholeheartedly with a previous poster...God has a purpose...May you and your family recieve many blessings these next two years.
    We began our HSing last week. I too get really excited when we complete all our work!!
    Have you ever been on the Donnayoung site?? I use her downloadable exel lesson plan schedule. I plug in the info and print it and off they go!
    Hope you have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can you believe I'm finally stopping in for coffee...now that a whole week has gone by? What a sorry friend I am.

    I hope this week has gone well...I think those good weeks give us hope to keep us going when things are a little more difficult. You are choosing to see the blessing in your husband's assignment, and I'm sure you'll one day also see the purpose, too. You never know what blessing will lie ahead!

    ReplyDelete