Sunday, October 11, 2009

Brandi Carlile Give Up The Ghost Album Review


I had the awesome opportunity to review Brandi Carlile's new album Give up the Ghost which was released on October 6th 2009 and all I can say is WOW!!! I love her voice and I love how she puts so much into each song. It is very hard for me to pick my favorites and I listened to the album three times. I do favor “If There Was No You Touching The Ground” and “Dying Day”, so I guess you could call those my favorites. Really though every song is different and great to listen to.

Who is Brandi Carlile? Washington state-bred Brandi Carlile was inspired to pick up the guitar and learned to play after seeing the Indigo Girls in concert at Lilith Fair. Her last album, The Story, debuted on Billboard's Top 200, peaking at #2 on iTunes and was named one of VH1's "You Oughta Know" artists in addition to having many of her songs featured on various episodes of "Grey's Anatomy".


She's toured with the likes of Ray Lamontagne, Dave Mathews Band and Sheryl Crow. The recording of Give Up The Ghost presented the realization of a dream for Brandi – the opportunity to work with her idol, Elton John. “Brandi has an amazing voice,” he says. “She’s a great songwriter and has a tremendous career ahead of her.”

See Brandi Live: “Give Up The Ghost Traveling Show” kicked off September 10th in Salt Lake City, UT. The tour is stopping at legendary venues across the country. Brandi donates $1 from every ticket sale to The Looking Out Foundation a helping hand foundation she created to aid the many causes she's passionate about. Go to BrandiCarlile.com to buy your tickets now!

Thank You One2One network for allowing me to review another great album.

I was given no compensation for doing this review, all opinions are my own and may differ from someone else.

4 comments:

  1. Following you from the MBC! Come see my blog at http://sidac.blogspot.com. I'll be posting a button later today!
    Look forward to reading you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! Thank you for following me and its nice to meet you :) I've visited so many blogs in the last couple of weeks and yours looks so fun! I'll be a very happy follower.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Following you from MBC. I would love for you to check out my blog too:
    http://dealightfullyfrugal.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete