Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Enfant Vision

We as parents know what our children’s favorite foods are, what shoe size they wear (unless like my kids it changes with each style) and what cartoons they like to watch. But, how can we know if they can see correctly?
According to the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP), vision disorders are the fourth most common disability among children in the United States, yet many vision problems can take years to detect, making treatment more difficult as vital time passes.
In an effort to shed light on some of the more subtle warning signs of vision problems in young children, Diopsys, Inc., developer and marketer of the Enfant Pediatric VEP Vision Testing System, has created an online vision assessment quiz at . The physician-reviewed, informational quiz, which takes only a few minutes to complete, is comprised of multiple-choice questions covering several areas that can “red flag” signs of a potential vision problem in children of various ages, including such actions as the inability to make steady eye contact, or involuntarily covering one eye to see something better.
The new quiz does not take the place of a professional vision examination, but it is there to create awareness of a silent problem.
For more information on the Enfant or to find a pediatrician offering the test near you, visit enfantvision

As someone who wears glasses in order to see, my children's eyesight is very important. I took the quiz for each of them and I now have appts for my 2 oldest. So take the quiz and have your children's eyes checked out if need be, it never hurts for them to get checked out.

Thank You to Laura at Robin Leedy & Associates,Inc for giving me this information to write up a blog post.

I was given the opportunity to review this product because of my membership at
The Product Review Place

I received the information about this quiz, no other compensation was offered or accepted. The opinions written in this post are my own and I don't expect everyone to agree.

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes, people (like myself) don't think to check our children's eyesight at an early age. Thanks for the write up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you get a chance, please stop by my blog... I've posted an award for you! :-)

    ReplyDelete