Sunday, January 24, 2010

How To Roast A Lamb Review



I make it no secret that the kitchen is my absolute favorite room in my house. There is just something about baking and cooking and providing good food for my family that puts a smile on my face.

Another thing that should come as no big shock is that my favorite books are cookbooks, I know I can just do a search online for recipes and believe me I do, but I love to look through a book and find a recipe that sometimes comes along with a story.

How To Roast A Lamb by Michael Psilakis really does fit into the cookbook tells a story category. I love that this book is not really split up by chapters or by item, instead the book is split up by dinners, with names such as, Big-Party Cooking and Dinner Family Style. With this book it does not matter if you are a beginner cook or an expert in the field, you are sure to find a few recipes to fight your lifestyle.

I am more of a simple cook and I tend to make what some call comfort food. Even though the recipes range from stuffed peppers to beef stew to octopus with chickpea salad, I was able to find plenty of recipes to try out. One of our favorites and one that I have made a few times now is Beef Stew with Leeks. Amazingly enough 4 out of the 5 of us that eat real food (my 9 mth old isn't quite there yet) loved this. A very rare occurrence around here.

The book info:
Title: How to Roast a Lamb
Author: Michael Psilakis
ISBN: 978-0-316-04121-8

Buy the book:
You can buy the book on Amazon for $23.10

If you are looking for a nice cookbook that provides a very wide variety which includes a great story How to Roast a Lamb is just the cookbook you need to pick up.

Thank You to Hachette Book Group for providing me with a review copy of How to Roast a Lamb.

I was given the opportunity to review this product because of my membership at
The Product Review Place

I was sent this book free of charge and no other compensation was offered or accepted. The above opinions are my own and I know not everyone will agree.

No comments:

Post a Comment