Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Race For The Cure and Locks of Love!!

I have not been posting as much as I should and for that I am sorry. I have been conditioning and getting everything ready for the Susan G. Komen for the Cure El Paso which is this Sunday the 21st. I am very honored to be participating in this event.

This is my way to support so many women and a few special women who are survivors.

Here is a link to my Personal Page

I did something else today. I donated my hair to Locks of Love
I did not get a before picture but below is the after. When the women looked at my hair and looked at the picture of the type of hair cut I wanted, she measured, then said you are 2 inches off from being able to donate. So I said Go For It!!


Can you tell I was getting annoyed by the Hubby person?



I absolutely love the way the back looks.

I will continue to run as I will be running in the Race for Autism in May.

Have any of you participated in a Race for the Cure or donated hair to Locks of Love? If so let me know, I would love to hear your stories and reasons for doing so.

4 comments:

  1. That's awesome! How many inches do you need to cut off to donate?

    ReplyDelete
  2. 10 inches, here are some other guidelines for Hair Donation.
    GUIDELINES FOR ACCEPTABLE DONATIONS
    ~Hair that is colored or permed is acceptable.
    ~Hair cut years ago is usable if it has been stored in a ponytail or braid.
    ~Hair that has been bleached (usually this refers to highlighted hair) is not usable. If unsure, ask your stylist. We are not able to accept bleached hair due to a chemical reaction that occurs during the manufacturing process. **If the hair was bleached years ago and has completely grown out it is fine to donate.
    ~Hair that is swept off of the floor is not usable because it is not bundled in a ponytail or braid.
    ~Hair that is shaved off and not in a ponytail or braid is not usable. If shaving your head, first divide hair into multiple ponytails to cut off.
    ~We cannot accept dreadlocks. Our manufacturer is not able to use them in our children’s hairpieces. We also cannot accept wigs, falls, hair extensions or synthetic hair.
    ~Layered hair is acceptable if the longest layer is 10 inches.
    ~Layered hair may be divided into multiple ponytails.
    ~Curly hair may be pulled straight to measure the minimum 10 inches.
    ~10 inches measured tip to tip is the minimum length needed for a hairpiece.

    ReplyDelete
  3. GOOD FOR YOU!!!! and the hair looks fantastic. you are an inspiration!!!
    Cameron

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your hair looks gorgeous! And good for you on the donation. I donated my hair several years ago.

    Can you send me any info about the Race for Autism? I hadn't heard anything about that one. It looks like my middle son (4 1/2) will probably be diagnosed with autism sometime soon. We are in the midst of all of the evaluations. *sigh* Would love to hear from you about your experiences with your son.

    ReplyDelete