Monday, February 1, 2010

San Antonio, TX

That is where I am at. The drive here was def. a boring one, but when we walked into our room at the Marriot Residence Inn that boring feeling disappeared quickly. I had gone back and forth when choosing our hotel room.

One hotel had a made to order hot breakfast and an indoor pool, but did not have the full kitchen that I wanted. With my 2 year old on a special diet, I wanted to be able to prepare most of our food. I sacrificed the made to order hot breakfast for a daily breakfast buffet, the indoor pool for an outdoor pool and hot tub, I did those things so I could have a full kitchen to include a full size fridge and freezer (the other hotel had a mini fridge), dishwasher, stove, microwave (the other hotel had this also), and an oven. Now for the next 12 days I can prepare 90% of the food for my family.

With the full kitchen I also receive a ton more space. The room is 840 sq ft. I could not beleive the size, as we lived in a place a few years ago that was 3 bedrooms and 2 baths that was only 950 sq ft. Here we are staying in a hotel room that is almost as big as one of our houses. LOL

We had gotten in late last night and when we walked in there was a common beeping from the smoke detector. Sometime between us walking in and them getting the room ready to be occupied, the battery became low. This was no problem and fixed with a quick trip to the front desk where we also had to ask for a crib/pack and play for the baby. So we took care of two things with one trip. They were friendly and came right away to change the battery and even offered to put up the pack and play for us. We of coarse put it up ourselves but what a nice gesture.

I love the way this room is set up. We have one room which is called a loft room. There is a queen size bed a night stand, and a big desk with chair in the room as well as a chair to sit on and a TV. One of the bathroom is also up in the loft area. The second bedroom is behind a set of doors and also has a queen sized bed, a chair with a foot rest, a big desk, and a TV. In there is also the second bathroom. We have a living area with a sofa bed, a chair, a fire place, a coffee table, and you guessed it, another TV. The TV in the living area is all set up to play games on it. Between the living area and the kitchen is a table that seats 4. The kitchen is my favorite spot. Stainless steal appliances and everything I need to prepare food is right there. They have even provided serving pieces and flatware for us to use while staying here.

So far I am very pleased with my decision to choose The Marriot Residence Inn. I love that the kids can do their school work at the desks and be separated. LOL

I will be posting about our adventures here each day starting tonight. I will also be posting up a few posts about my 2 year old and how he is doing. I will also take some pictures of the room and of the things we do to share with all of you.

Also don't forget about the 4 giveaways going on right now.

3 comments:

  1. OHMYGOODNESS! We only stay in Mariotts because they are so awesome! Anytime we have to stay in a hotel we search for the Mariott nearby! Glad you love it too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi! I am now following you from MBC. Please stop by and visit me at http://www.frugalmommy3.blogspot.com Link up your giveaways on Tuesdays.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We really do. Housekeeping came through and they were quick and even ran the dishwasher. I had no clue she started it until she left. lol They have been nothing but amazing so far, making sure we have everything we need.

    ReplyDelete