Friday, March 19, 2010

How do you get the kids moving?


Today was a slow start around here. We still have some school to finish up today, but I decided a break was needed and some fun was to be had. Music is a BIG thing in this house. So here we are Rockin' out to Hannah Montana, windows open, and having fun all while doing some life skills(see that laundry in the background, yep we folding it). That's right, life skills with music and fun all in the same sentence. This is one thing I LOVE about being able to home school my children. When I look over at them and can see they need a break, I can just walk over to the radio, turn it on, and change up our day.

So what do you do to change up your day and get the kids moving? Dancing is a great way for the kids to not only express themselves but also to get some exercise. I have also found that music can change my mood around. I could be having a bad day, you know one of those days where nothing is going right, the kids are fighting, or I could just be down in dumps. When I put a CD in the player and turn it up, I am amazed how just singing along and yes dancing around, can make me feel like a whole new person, ready to take on the rest of the day.

Just a heads up tonight I am beef chimichangas out of the cook book Don't Panic Dinner's in the Freezer. So check back tonight for pictures and see how they turn out!!

Oh and I also have 3 reviews, some with giveaways to post today, so keep a watch out for them!!

1 comment:

  1. My kids LOVE music. Very much so. You little girl is to to cute!

    ReplyDelete