I made from scratch Banana Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting to be exact. It turned out so Yummy.
Hubbyman took a piece with him in his lunchbox. Around 10 this morning I received a phone call. It was a Soldier that works with my Husband. He was calling to ask how much I would charge to make him the exact same cake. Since I have everything here I said I would only charge him about 5 bucks.
This is the recipe that I used, since it was so good I figured I would share.
1/2 cup butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 large eggs, beaten
2 cups flour, sifted
1/2 tsp. of salt
1/4 tsp. baking powder
1/2 cup milk
1/4 tsp. vanilla
3/4 tsp. baking soda (add to pureed bananas)
3 pureed bananas, very ripe
Cream Cheese Frosting:
1/2 stick butter, softened
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 box powdered sugar (1 lb.)
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 9x13" baking pan or two 9" layer cake pans.
2. Cream butter, sugar and eggs. Sift flour several times, then add the salt and baking powder to the flour.
3. To the creamed butter mixture, add the milk and flour (alternating, beginning and ending with flour).
4. Add vanilla and mashed bananas (with the baking soda added to the bananas) to this mixture.
5. Bake layer cakes (9") for 25-30 minutes, oblong (9x13") for 35-40 minutes.
1. Mix cream cheese and butter until smooth, add sugar and vanilla and blend well. Spread on cooled cake.
Sorry I don't have a picture to share, the cake went too quickly. I promise when I make it the next time I will indeed snap a few pics to share!!