Monday, August 23, 2010

Kids and School

As many of you know this year the kids decided to give regular school a try. Today is their first day!!  So last night I got all of the back packs ready to go, the kids picked out which outfit they wanted to wear, and actually went upstairs to go to sleep quite well.

This morning I went up and woke the kids up at 6:45, not to bad they got up and came down stairs all dressed. We had cereal for breakfast, took meds, and then it was time to brush teeth and get hair done. I helped my son with his hair, he has it spikey and then put a braid in my daughter's hair.



We were going to walk but as much as the Hubbyman tried he didn't make it home this morning until after 7:30 so we loaded up in the Van and away we went. It was complete chaos!! Sure they listed out which teacher the kids had but no room numbers were listed, so after walking around the main floor we traveled upstairs. Found out that my daughter's 2nd grade class was the only one downstairs, so we dropped off my son to his 4th grade class and traveled back downstairs. Finally after asking one of the Soldiers what her room number was, he walked with us to help us out.


My 3 year old also starts his special class today but that is not until this afternoon and at 3:15 I get to pick up all 3 of them and see how every one's day went. It is too quiet here and I am not sure how this afternoon is going to go when it will be just me and baby home.
Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean about a quiet house! I couldn't wait until my last one started school...then I was lost without a child underfoot! That was 20 years ago!

    I hope everyone has a good day at school. I'll bet they will be ready for bed tonight!

    ReplyDelete