Thursday, August 5, 2010

Wow have I been busy...

I made the big (last minute) decision to switch things up this school year and with that comes a lot of running around for me.

This year my 9 year old, my 7 year old, and my 3 year old will be going to school. What in the world are me and Mr. Smiley (aka the baby) going to do without the other kids here? Of coarse my 3 year old will only be going for half a day, so that may help.

You know that feeling when your child starts school for the first year, well I have that times 3.  My oldest went to pre-school for 2 years, Kindergarten, and 1st grade in what he calls normal school. lol My daughter went to pre- school, so I thought I would feel less of this feeling. I guess having them home for 2 years straight and making this decision last minute has made the feeling worse.

Now we are busy trying to fit in everything we need to get done before school starts on the 23rd of.this.month.. Being a little overwhelmed would be an understatement. LOL  Today I made 3 appts. At those appts the kids will be getting school and sports physicals. Yes I said sports physicals, not only are the kids going to go to "normal school" all 3 want to play soccer. I got my oldest an appt. before his registration day, the other 2 however will have registration and school will start before they get physicals. Oh well at least I made the appts.

Today I get to go pick up 3 packets from the school, hopefully the supply lists, and come home and start filling all that out. I am hoping that we already have most of the supplies, I also have to go get 2 lunch boxes and 1 girly back pack because my daughter just CAN NOT have a plain blue one for school. lol Then we have 3 pairs tennis shoes to get and of coarse I will have to get each of them a first day of school outfit.

All of this along with our normal crazy days, I just hope the kids enjoy it. I know that if it does not work out, i can always bring them back home.

Be on the look out tomorrow for 2 reviews and giveaway items to be posted. I just finished 2 books and I have 1 of each to giveaway to my wonderful readers!!!
Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

  1. Hope you get everything done without too much stress! HUGS

    ReplyDelete