Friday, October 22, 2010

When Bullying Gets Worse...

Today is the last day of school for 3 of my kids. 2 of them will be going to a new school and 1 of them will be home schooled.
Yesterday my oldest who is in 4th grade received a death threat. Another child drew a picture and wrote Dead Blake across the top. This came after both my 1st grader and my 4th grader being bullied for the past month.
This morning I took them to school, I didn't want to, I wanted to keep them home but I knew that the transfer to a different school would be easier if they didn't miss too many days. This morning I walked into the office and asked for 3 withdrawal forms. This morning I filled them out right there. This morning I had a talk with the Assistant Principal (again). After all of that. I went to each of my kids and told them TODAY is the last day they will be at this school. They both cried, they both know the reasons, but they both so wanted this school to be a good experience for them. So much so that they are willing to disregard all the horrible things that have happened to them.
Today I went to the new school to start the transfer process. Today I saw a wonderful school that cares about each child within the school. This is the school that my children can go to without being called names, without being bullied, and without me having to worry about them.

I have called the School District about this incident. My children may be done with the school, but I am not. Something needs to change for that school. I pray that the next child to get bullied in that school will never come. I pray that the School District steps up and the few kids get removed from the school.

I just want every parent to take your children seriously and listen to them. Bullying is a horrible thing to have happen. It is up to us Parents to look out for our children and never stop until something is done. Always remember that even being called can and does HURT.

4 comments:

  1. Good for you! I am proud of you for doing what you needed to for your children and for making sure the school and the district know why! I hope their new school gives them awesome experiences!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am still in disbelief that another kid would do such a thing. I hope something does change at that school. I hope Nat and Blake love their new school.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG your poor children! It is such a real and horrible problem that needs to be addressed. You should be very proud for responding to your childrens needs and taking action. I wish you and them all the very best and hope with you that positive changes will be made at that school!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking for redi shades and happened upon your blog. I'm a army wife (retired). Good for you for being your child's advocate. Hang in there. When you PCS, check out the site www.schoolmatters.com. Unfortunately, won't give you info re: bullying but will give valuable info regarding school/districe test scores and allows you to compare.

    ReplyDelete