Friday, January 14, 2011

It's Girl Scout Cookie Time!!

Now I have always bought at least 5 boxes of cookies from one Scout or another, but this year things are different. This year I will be getting them from my little Brownie Scout. I can already say that I feel for all Scout parents during this time. This is crazy just how popular these cookies are and I thought the Popcorn sale for Cub Scouts was crazy. 

We picked up the forms last night and already have 40 boxes on the list to pick up. 4 of the orders came in a comment on my status on facebook and the other 3 orders came from Hubbyman's work. I may never want to see a cookie after this sale. LOL

There are some changes that you need to know about to ensure you get the correct cookie when ordering from a local Girl Scout:

Trefoils are now called Shortbread
Tagalongs are now called Peanut Butter Patties
Samoas (I think) are now called Caramel deLites
Do-Si-Does are now called Peanut Butter Sandwich

There is a new cookie this year called Shout Outs, this one is described as Light and crisp, these Belgian-style caramelized cookies are a sensibly sweet treat!!

Also the Thanks-A-Lot cookies come in new packaging and because of that they are reducing waste.

In our are area we offer 8 flavors: Thanks-A-Lot, Shout Outs!, Lemonades, Shortbread, Thin Mints, Peanut Butter Patties, Caramel deLites, and Peanut Butter Sandwich.

So be on the look out for your local Girl Scouts to get your cookies!!

No comments:

Post a Comment